During the recent economic crisis, many began the unsightly practice of hoarding. Hoarding not only things, but also … money. Though it seems contradictory, being stingy with money has the reverse desired effect – it creates a paradigm of lack, poverty and financial struggle.
There are a lot of wealthy and UNHAPPY people in the world, but many of the wealthiest and HAPPIEST individuals are the greatest philanthropists and know the secret power in giving. Giving and receiving are two parts of the same whole. It’s an ebb and flow of energy and withholding or stopping the flow on either side can create financial stagnation.
A recent survey showed that half of Americans say that giving is the best part of wealth. That’s an extremely high percentage of people who all agree that there’s no better feeling than to give.
Some even say that it feels better than receiving!
Let’s transform our society to one of abundance and prosperity by simply giving more. And not only more giving with money, but also with love and energy (where there is heart and meaning). Here’s how to create abundance by making offerings that are generous and genuine:
- Ask “how can I help?” Shamefully, many go into every situation seeing only how they can gain and benefit. Instead of focusing on what you can get, see what you can bring to the table. You have special talents and skills that can be applied to add value to any encounter. Bring it!
- Share your passion. If you’re going to start a business, company or venture – make sure you are passionate about it. Passion is contagious and will spread like wildfire if you truly care. Ask how you can share this special talent or passion to benefit others and you’re on the right track.
- Think outside of your circle. See how your project can benefit your community, society and the entire world. If it can benefit people on a massive scale – you’re working with something. In this case, keeping others interests in mind and focusing on having a positive impact on the world at large will benefit you beyond comparison.
- Create value. Instead of focusing on how you can get rich, focus on how you can add value. Money is simply an energy medium for exchanging value. Increase the value of your product or business and the money will come – naturally!
- Help someone else succeed. There’s no better feeling than providing assistance to someone and seeing them truly benefit from it. If you’ve ever had someone lend you a helping hand or provide you with a platform that gave you the opportunity to succeed, then you understand. Doing that for someone else is paying it forward and will surely come full circle back to you.
- Donate a percentage of your businesses proceeds. If you haven’t noticed, some of the “hottest” businesses today are ones that give back. More and more people are becoming conscious and ethical spenders and putting their money where they know it will help and support others. I don’t know about you, but I always read the label, box or tag to see if they company donates and to what organizations. It makes me feel better about my purchase and keeps me coming back for further purchases.
Deepak Chopra wrote these helpful guidelines in the 7 Spiritual Laws of Success:
1.” Wherever I go, and whomever I encounter, I will bring them a gift. The gift may be a compliment, a flower, or a prayer. Today, I will give something to everyone I come into contact with, and so I will begin the process of circulating joy, wealth and affluence in my life and in the lives of others.
2. Today I will gratefully receive all the gifts that life has to offer me. I will receive the gifts of nature: sunlight and the sound of birds singing, or spring showers or the first snow of winter. I will also be open to receiving from others, whether it be in the form of a material gift, money, a compliment or a prayer.
3. I will make a commitment to keep wealth circulating in my life by giving and receiving life’s most precious gifts: the gifts of caring, affection, appreciation and love. Each time I meet someone, I will silently wish them happiness, joy and laughter.”
Make a promise to give and receive more this year by spreading joy and generosity to the globe at large.