Manuka honey is made by bees that pollinate the manuka bush. It has been used through the ages to heal wounds and is now being used in hospitals for burn victims to fight against infections. Raw honey has natural antibacterial properties, but even more fascinating is its ability to stimulate cells to repair tissue damage when applied topically.
Not all honey is created equal.
Most honey found on grocery shelves are heavily processed and heated, leaving little of the potent antibacterial serum that once was. When honey is raw and unheated, however, the magic golden serum remains what some call a “cure-all.”
Manuka honey is the creme-de-la-creme of the honey world.
Here are some notable components of the divine elixir:
- Hydrogen peroxide. Can you believe that hydrogen peroxide is a component of honey? Hence the reason honey is antibacterial just the same.
- Methylglyoxal (MG). MG is typically found in most honey in small amounts. This my friends, is the good stuff. It’s what gives honey it’s antibacterial properties. Manuka honey, having one of the highest concentrations of MG, makes it superior to most.
Recent studies show promise using manuka honey for wounds, ulcers, fighting infection, promoting healing, preventing gingivitis and other periodontal diseases, reduction of inflammation.
Wedderspoon Manuka Honey is my personal fave. They also offer other gourmet organic honey’s, their signature body care products as well as organic beeswax candles.
Reasons to love Wedderspoon:
- It’s the first and only NON-GMO verified manuka honey
- Tastes so rich and yummy. The flavor is noticeably superior to most.
- All the health benefits found in Wedderspoon Honey are natural
- The honey is not chemically treated or heated; this preserves the naturally occurring vitamins, minerals and active enzymes
- Manuka is one of nature’s top superfoods
- It’s great for digestive and topical health
- Contains natural properties to help boost the immune system
- Full of powerful antioxidants and natural healing properties
- Keeps fresh naturally without any preservatives or refrigeration
Here’s a free honey recipe download:
To try Wedderspoon’s Manuka Honey visit www.wedderspoon.com.